Terms & Conditions
- The Turtle source ships Turtles and Tortoises during the week Monday-Wednesday with the exception of holidays.
- The Turtle Source ships UPS Next Day Air overnight for delivery by 10:30 AM the following day if available in your area. Sorry, no second day shipments.
Freight costs range from $34.94 - $64.95 depending upon turtle/tortoise size and quantity ordered. No charge for boxes or heat packs.
- The buyer must be present to receive the package on the first delivery attempt or all guarantees are void.
- Live, healthy arrival is only guaranteed when shipping temperatures at both ends are between 30-90F. Please notify us of the weather on your end!
- We are not responsible for carrier delays or mishandling resulting in DOA* animals.
- Unless otherwise stated, we offer a 7 day health guarantee on our captive bred animals only, provided the above criteria are met, and our recommendations and care sheet
instructions are followed. We must be notified during this time period of any problems or concerns for this guarantee to be upheld.
- Wild caught animals (Some larger pond turtles or adult tortoises) have a live arrival guarantee only.
- In order for our guarantee to take effect, all claims must be made within our 7 day health guarantee and any deceased animals frozen and kept for return.
- We cannot be held responsible for shipping charges incurred for upholding our guarantee, they are the responsibility of you, the buyer.
We do not offer credits or refunds on shipping for replacement animals.
- If the animal is DOA* the customer must notify The Turtle Source of the DOA* within an hour of receiving the animal. The time will be determined by the receipt time UPS
provides online of the delivery. An email with a photo attached of the actual animal must be received within that hour or all guarantees are null and void.
- We reserve the right to refuse sale to any buyer, for any reason. Sorry, no sales to minors. Proof of age may be required at our discretion.
- The Turtle Source is not responsible for any veterinary expenses or costs incurred by the buyer for any animal. If you take any animal to a veterinarian, you do so entirely at your own expense.
- Photos and requests: The Turtles or Tortoises pictured on our web site may or may not be the actual animal available. The photos do represent the species,
and the health and quality of the animals we ship. Sorry, but it is not always practical to provide photos of every individual turtle (certain exceptions may apply).
Photos, descriptions and care sheets posted on our web site are the exclusive property of Turtle Source, and may not be used or reused without our specific, written permission.
- In accordance with FDA regulations, turtles and tortoises under 4 inches listed on our web site are offered expressly for educational, scientific or export purposes only.
They are not sold for use as pets. Teachers may request a discount for your school if available.
- Contact: Email is the best way to reach us. If you have specific questions/requests, feel free to ask; we will respond accordingly. If a phone call makes more sense for those who type slowly (like me) we can be reached Monday - Friday from 9:30 AM - 7:00 PM, and on Saturdays from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM at: (239) 220 - 4280.
Remember, our care sheets answer most commonly asked husbandry questions.
- Temperature Sexing: I have noticed some temperature sexed turtles and tortoises being offered. I know some breeders who actually incubate a few species that way. For the most part, commonly produced species are not incubated that way - some species can not even be incubated for gender. Many species require considerable age to determine gender. We offer very few temperature sexed species - and these come from very reputable, long established breeders. If I can sex an animal I will. If I can make a good guess, I will tell you just that; and if I can't determine gender (usually because the animal is just not old enough) I will tell you that too.
- We can not do trades. If you want to sell turtles or tortoises simply offer them to us.
- Please be aware of your own local wildlife laws and regulations. No shipments will be knowingly sent in violation of any state or federal laws. Please do not even ask.
- Sorry, we do not export, but we do work with several experienced exporters who may purchase from us for export (dealers only).
- Please note that your failure to read our terms and conditions, whether intentional or accidental will under no circumstances be reason to consider them altered or void.
*DOA = Dead on Arrival